We walked in at 11:00 am and ran to foul territory to see the Blue Jays hitting in the cage and different Blue Jays players in the outfield shagging anything that comes their way. On our way down the stairs, I spotted Danny Barnes, Blue Jays relief pitcher, move towards us to scoop up a ball hit off the bat by Josh Donaldson. I raced down to the aisle to about the 20th row, waved my glove and screamed: "Hit me with your best fastball!" He went into his pitching motion and fired me a bullet, a perfect chest-high throw that I'd say clocked at around 60 mph. A few moments after, I took a photo of the baseball, my 8th lifetime:
The game itself wasn't too great. The game was close until the 8th inning when Jays reliever Jason Grilli imploded and allowed four solo home runs. We ended up leaving early to avoid traffic and the long lines in the exit, though I did take a panoramic photo of the stadium as I do in every game I attend before we left:
Extremely fun day. The only thing that would've made my day better was a Blue Jays win. Oh well.

No comments:
Post a Comment